Thursday, May 17, 2012

Names and Marriage

Yesterday night when I was putting Varsha to sleep she suddenly started talking about 'names'. She started by asking me,'Mummy what is my grandmothers' full name?'
I told her and she said,' Appa's name is Parthasarathy..he should have his father's name too with it like I am Varsha Parthasarathy'.
I told her that he too had. Then she asked me why I am not having my father's name and why was I using Appa's name. I told her that it was a choice we make and at that time I had not thought too much about it and it just happened.
She said that when she gets married she would keep her dad's name as she loved him very much :-)
Then she started talking about marriage and was telling me that she wanted to marry so and so and I asked,' why do you want to marry?'
Her immediate reply was,' Because I do not want to alone'
She also said, 'Friends are there but they don't live with you. I want company and anyway you and Appa got married so I also want to' saying this she hugged me tight and went to sleep leaving me with my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment