Saturday, May 5, 2012

'I'

When I started on the journey of 'self discovery' as I call it, I used to get excited with every little thing I learnt and unlearnt. I would experiment, explore, reflect and when I would realise the benefits, I would want to share it with everyone. It would surprise me that people were not really open to the perspectives which I shared. It used to be very difficult and exasperating for me, as I just could not understand why they were not open to becoming more aware. Without awareness of the fact that I was the one who was trying to convince people in what I believed in  and was ending up judging them :-((
It took me some time to sit back and reflect as to what I was doing. After some heavy introspection it came to me that, what I was sharing were my experiences, it was my journey. I questioned myself as to what was it that made me start on this journey ..was it because someone told me to or forced me to ..No.. I wanted it. That was the 'AHA' moment for me. Like me, the rest of them are also in their own journey of life.. who am I to convince or change anyone.
Why am I giving so much of importance to the 'I' in me? 'I' is just a little 'i' who is on a journey and sharing her journey with others.
This realisation has helped me to become more aware and work without being judgemental. Does it happen 100% of the time. I wish it did :-(  The journey has just started for me and have a long long way to go... and I am getting there ... (hopefully:-)) )

No comments:

Post a Comment