Monday, May 28, 2012

Coming in too soon...

Varun likes cricket and has been religiously following IPL. He was excited and happy that his fav team CSK was in finals. There being no TV (phase) at home, he went to watch it in the Amphitheatre where it was being screened in our campus. He came back after his team had batted satisfied with the score. He did not want to see the rest of the match as he was feeling anxious about it.
He got up very early in the morning and ran to the door to get the newspaper. And what he saw pulled him down, his favourite team had lost. He said,' Ma CSK lost' and just sat down.
I knew he was feeling bad about it. I said,' Varun it is okay. I think you are too much into winning and losing. It is just a game. You should just enjoy the process'. 'OOPS!' I did it again. I bit my tongue and kept quiet.
After almost three or four minutes of silence, I said,' You must be disappointed. Your team had come so close to winning'. He replied with a yes and then silence. I let it be.
After half an hour, he came to me and started sharing his thoughts.
'I think they will win next time. They have always been able to be in top four' etc etc. This time I just listened :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment