Monday, May 28, 2012

Acknowledging Feelings...

Varsha was all ready to go down and play with her friends and one phone call changed everything. Her friends said that they will be coming down with their cycles. Varsha's cycle has been under repair for sometime. We don't have a cycle repair shop in immediate vicinity and so we have been cool about it.
Our conversation went on like this:
V: I want to go with my cycle
Me : The brakes are not working.
V: No! I am taking it down
Me: Allright
V: There is no air and brakes are not working. You never get it repaired (crying)
Me: Would you like to take your skates
V: You are bad! Skates are noisy and old. They move slowly. All my friends will be going fast and I will be alone.
Me: hmmmm...
V : You don't want me to have friends. You want me to be alone (crying.. shouting)
Me: You are very upset. Your cycle is not working and you will feel alone when you go down to play.
V: Yes! Can't you see that? What will I do?
Me: I wish I had a repair shop just next door and I could get your cycle repaired. I  know it is upsetting for you  that we keep telling you that we would get it repaired but it still has not happened.
In all this I was sitting next to her..giving her full attention .. I did not stop her from crying.
Me: Would you like me to talk to Appa and check out if we can find a cycle shop nearby.
V: Yes ! I will talk to him
She called him up and spoke to him. She had calmed down a bit though sobbing, the shouting had stopped.
She then called up her friend.
V: I cannot come down. My cycle is not working
F: It is ok varsha.. we will play running catching.
V: No, Krishna it is ok.. you have not cycled for a long time.. you cycle
They spoke for sometime
After keeping the phone
V : Krishna is so kind na
And she went off to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment