Monday, April 16, 2012

Advertisements not real..

We were sitting and watching TV. Advertisements were been shown and Varsha observed,'' All these ads are not real, they are fooling us''. I was surprised with her outburst. She continued,'' Look, look how they show all this but it does not really happen. They just want us to buy these things and waste our money''. Wow! coming from an eight year old and that too where the children seem to be the main consumers and they decide in many homes what to buy, I was taken aback.
I asked her,'' What makes you say that?''
She said,'' You have seen the pizza ad, they show how the cheese comes out of the pizza, it has never happened to me like that''. Just then an ad for a deodrant came and she immediately said,'' Look, it does not happen in real life that people start running after you just because you use it''
I could not help smiling and thinking that she was teaching me something. Would I stop using 'Olay' now... hmmm :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment