Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sharing..thinking :-)

Read this:
'' .... a person is not a finished, unchanging entity but a process flowing from moment to moment. There is no real ''being,'' merely an ongoing flow, a continuous process of becoming. Of course in daily life we must deal with each other of more or less defined, unchanging nature; we must accept external, apparent reality, or else we could not function at all. External reality is a reality, but only a superficial one. At a deeper level the reality is that the entire universe, animate and inanimate, is in a constant state of becoming - of arising and passing away. Each of us in fact a stream of constantly changing subatomic particles, along with which the processes of consciousness, perception, sensation, reaction change even more rapidly than the physical process.''

What I found interesting was the part that the 'External reality is just a superficial one'. Would that mean that what we are doing in our lives...following our dreams/goals/buying houses/cars etc is really not the reality..then what could we be doing instead of that??
What would happen if I am really able to see all this happening around me as external? Would I lose connection with the external world? Would I go into a world of my own which I have created for myself where I feel safe? Would I develop detachment? If I do become detached would that make me something like a stone which has no feelings? Just thinking aloud for myself :-)
Or somewhere just complicating things for myself :-))) 

No comments:

Post a Comment