Sunday, October 10, 2010

Competition..

Varun came home leaping with joy a few weeks back as he had got his maths results and he told me that he had got more than what he had got in the first cluster. He felt he had improved on himself and he seemed really happy with his performance. I felt a little relieved when i saw him working on himself rather than comparing himself to others.

I have these self doubts at times whether i am on the right track when i tell my children to look at themselves see what they can do, learn from others but not in competition with others. People tell me that there is competition all around and you cannot deny it and we have to push our children to compete to give them exposure to the real world, I keep telling myself that it is not the case. So, when i see that varun is able to look at his own work it reinforces my belief (don't know whether right or wrong) that competition with others is not necessary for motivation of self. The joy of doing something is good enough motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment